The Role of a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer in ChesterfieldComments Off on The Role of a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer in Chesterfield
Deciding to file for bankruptcy is a highly emotional decision that can be overwhelming. No matter what the cause, the fact remains that you are in dire financial straits. The choice to file bankruptcy can also be extremely stressful. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Chesterfield specializes in working with you through the complicated path of reorganization of your debts.
The role of your attorney has many facets and include the following:
- During your initial consultation, your bankruptcy lawyer will evaluate your financial circumstances, learn about your goals and discuss liability relief options available in your situation. Determining whether filing bankruptcy is the best proposal is included, as well as fees and payment plans.
- After you retain the services of a bankruptcy lawyer, collection calls are accepted on your behalf.
- The numerous forms for your bankruptcy petition are prepared, typed and filed in court.
- 4-6 weeks after filing bankruptcy, you are required to attend the 341 meeting of the creditors. Your attorney will discuss potential questions that may be asked of you.
- There may be additional required court appearances or other paperwork to meet the bankruptcy court’s requirements.
- Your attorney will attend a Confirmation Hearing to gain court approval of your Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan and is also responsible for the defense of this plan. He will handle any supplementary motions that might become necessary.
When your financial obligations become too much to handle, call Teague & Associates, LLC, at (314)899-4499 to schedule an appointment with an experienced Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Chesterfield.