Contact a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer in Maryland HeightsComments Off on Contact a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer in Maryland Heights
Filing for bankruptcy is never a fun decision. It can be fraught with emotion, highly stressful and decidedly overwhelming. No matter what the reason for this situation, it is evident that your finances are severely strained, and you need guidance. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Maryland Heights concentrates on working with you through the intricate process of debt reorganization.
Your attorney can handle many tasks that include the following:
- During your first meeting, your bankruptcy lawyer will gauge your financial situation, determine your goals in filing bankruptcy and discuss options for financial relief that are available for you. Deciding if filing bankruptcy is the most appropriate proposal is covered, as well as payment plans and fees.
- The plentiful forms concerning your petition for bankruptcy are prepared, typed and filed with the court.
- From 4-6 weeks after the bankruptcy filing, you will be required to appear at the 341 meeting with your creditors. Your attorney will go over possible questions you may be asked.
- There may be other mandatory court appearances or additional paperwork required by the bankruptcy court.
- Your attorney will appear at a Confirmation Hearing to obtain court approval of your Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan and is also accountable for the defense of this arrangement. They will take care of any accompanying motions that may be necessary.
When your financial responsibilities become too much to overcome, call Teague & Associates, LLC, at (314)899-4499 to schedule a meeting with a skilled Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Maryland Heights.