5 Real-Life Lessons from a Bankruptcy Attorney in FlorissantComments Off on 5 Real-Life Lessons from a Bankruptcy Attorney in Florissant
Living with a budget is important, especially if you are among the majority of Americans who live paycheck to paycheck. However, if you don’t take financial planning or budgeting seriously, then this could lead to bankruptcy. Additionally, bankruptcy can happen to those who are even careful about their finances. All in all, bankruptcy is a possibility for anyone, but there are things you need to know about bankruptcy before you file. Read on to learn about these five real-life lessons from a bankruptcy attorney in Florissant.
- Bankruptcy Can Offer a Peace of Mind – Although many want to avoid bankruptcy and financial struggles, and remain financially secure, sometimes bankruptcy is necessary. In fact, filing for bankruptcy and wiping out debt and delinquent accounts can offer individuals a peace of mind and the option to move forward with a clean slate.
- Bankruptcy Can Bring Clarity to Your Future – It’s hard to see a positive future when you are drowning a debt. By working with a bankruptcy attorney, individuals are able to put debt behind them and see a clearer future.
- Manage Credit Cards Accordingly – Credit cards are one of the top forms of consumer debt in America. Credit cards are also a necessary evil; even if you want to avoid using them to avoid debt, they are necessary for emergencies. However, properly managing credit card balances and payments can ensure you avoid bankruptcy.
- Pay Attention to Your Credit Score – Yes, your credit score is important! Be sure to monitor your credit score at least once per year to ensure that your debts are at bay. If there are fraudulent claims against your social security number or signs of identity theft, this can lead to bankruptcy – even without your doing.
- Work with a Bankruptcy Attorney – Regardless of whether you want to file Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, working with an attorney can ensure the process goes as smooth as possible.
To learn more about bankruptcy, contact our legal team at Teague & Associates today at (314)899-4499 to speak with a bankruptcy attorney in Florissant.