Call a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney in St. Louis for Your Financial ProblemsComments Off on Call a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney in St. Louis for Your Financial Problems
Even though the thought of bankruptcy can be completely overwhelming, stressful and scary, it is important that if you are in this situation, that you take the proper steps to protect yourself. Ignoring the situation will only impact you more and cause more unnecessary stress. Hiring an attorney is one of the best things that you can do if you are looking for guidance throughout the process. Finding a Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in St. Louis will offer know the knowledge and understanding of the laws behind bankruptcy.
Your lawyer will help you in numerous ways, including:
- During your first meeting, your bankruptcy attorney will assess your finances. They will also ask you about your goals for resolving your debt problems and talk with you about liability relief options that may apply to you. Deciding whether a bankruptcy filing is the best option is included, as well as an overview of required fees and plans for payment.
- After you retain a bankruptcy lawyer’s services, you will not have to worry about collection calls. Your attorney will take care of this for you.
- The abundance of forms for your bankruptcy petition are organized, typed and filed with the court.
- Within 4-6 weeks of filing bankruptcy, you must attend the creditor 341 meeting. Your attorney will go over possible questions that you may be asked during this meeting.
- There may be further court appearances or other paperwork required to meet the bankruptcy court’s conditions.
- Your attorney will appear at a Confirmation Hearing to acquire court approval of your Chapter 13 bankruptcy proposal and will defend this plan in court. They will carry out any supplementary motions that might be needed.
When your financial obligations become too much to deal with, call Teague & Associates, LLC, at (314) 899-4499 for an appointment with a knowledgeable Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in St. Louis. We will help you through it.